I started potty training the boys on Monday. I have been dreading this day for a while now and have been putting it off. The thought of doing 2 boys at once frightened me. Actually, it ended up being easier, I think, doing 2 at a time. They helped remind each other to go and fed off the other getting candy and wanting some too. The boys were so excited to wear their new underwear. I bought 19 pairs of Mickey Mouse, Handy Manny, and Elmo. I hoped that would be enough! The boys started out doing really bad. We went through 12 underwear's in the first 2 hours. I called my sister telling her I was going to give up. But then they did better. Much better. Mason started to figure out that by just going a little bit in the toilet, he could get candy. I never give the boys candy so this was a big deal. I think in the 4th hour he went 29 times. Yes, that number is correct and between Carter and him I was in the bathroom the entire hour. Mason would go potty, get half of a starburst, swallow it, then say he needs to go potty again. And each time he went. We figured out he just needed to go more each time. They both had sippy cups attached to them the entire day filled with juice. Thank Heavens for Capri Sun flavored water.
They continued to do great throughout the day. I think I had 2 more accidents the rest of the day. I can't complain about that. It was just very, very exhausting. I couldn't get anything done, which was fine. I planned on spending the entire day devoted to the potty, which I did literally.
On day 2, they had a few accidents in the morning again. We didn't go potty as much as the first day. Maybe they were getting sick of the candy?? In the afternoon things went downhill. Carter got confused and thought his underwear was the toilet. He never went potty in the toilet, but 2 seconds later he went in his pants. UHHH! The frustration set in, but I kept my patience (at least I tried). Three hours later, 20 tries on the potty, and a lot of tears and he finally went in the toilet. It is still a work in progress and I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
And the fun begins....
Posted by
Julie Jan
at
8:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Woaaaahhh Julie, is it really you or is Cindi updating your blog for you!??!! lol I love all the new posts...keep it up girl...in between your trips to the bathroom, you are such a good mom!
oh wow. i am so not looking forward to potty training!
Too Cute!!! Hang in there--it'll happen. Kudos to you for all your patience.
My gosh woman, you are my idol. Update again! I'm dying to know what's going on.
Seriously, can they be any cuter? I love them in their underwear and are Big Boys!! Lets see some more updates, like that story you told me!!!!
Post a Comment