Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Carter's Surgery

Carter had his hernia surgery today. While I knew that everything would be ok, I hope I never go through something like this again. It was a lot harder than I thought handing him off to the nurse and watching him go down the hall to surgery crying and reaching out to me. The surgery was about an hour and he did great. Thanks to my sister, Cindi, for watching Mason and for all the prayers. We appreciate all of our family and friends for all their help.

Carter and I in the waiting room. He was so good in here entertaining all the other patients with his smile and personality. Everyone thought he was the cutest thing ever.


Daddy and Carter right before the surgery.


The nurses were all so nice and one of them came with toys and bubbles to keep Carter distracted. He loved the bubbles and had a blast with the new toys.


I know this picture is blurry, but I have to show off his very adorable and fashionable cap!!


This is on the way home from the hospital. The medicine was still going strong so Carter was in a great mood and happy!

17 comments:

angiedunn said...

Oh Carter, you're adorable in your fashionable cap! Way to be brave...(you & your mom!) Julie, let me know if you need anything, k? Seriously, I'd be more than happy to watch a little guy or two, anytime!

The Drapers said...

Carter is sooo sweet. I hope that I can come see him and Mason soon! I know I am far away but if you guys need anything please let me know!

Our Family said...

I am glad that everything went while. I know the feeling of letting them go- and hoping everything goes okay!

Coree Adams said...

Dr. Grisoni is AWESOME. We love him, he has performed all 3 of Ashlee's surgeries and will be doing at least 2-3 more. What was the surgery for if you don't mind me asking??

Jenna said...

We're so glad he's doing good. How is he today? We've been thinking about you guys and love you so much!! (btw-what is that stuff on Matt's face???) :-)

Amy said...

I am glad Carter and Mom survived their first surgery. I hope he is doing good. Yah, and is Matt growing a beard?

the DeCampos Family said...

What a sweet little Carter. I am glad that everything went well with you guys. Mason was a lot of fun. I forgot to tell you that him and Hadlee were playing peek a boo. She would keep closing the door and opening it. He was just laughing.... The girls had a lot of fun

Melis said...

What a brave little man (& mom & dad too)! These pictures are so sweet! We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Oh, he has such a sweet smile. I'm glad all went well and I hope, like you said, you'll never have to do anything like that again!

Unknown said...

POOR baby! I didn't even know he had a hernia????

I never realized how much the boys look like daddy? Especially the pic. of Carter and daddy??

Emily said...

I know how you feel... about handing your baby over and not being able to be with them during the scariest thing that has happened to them. Macy had surgery about a month ago. Scary stuff! I'm glad Carter is doing good!

Emily said...

PS we do need to go to the mall again. Things have been crazy at my house lately!!

Coree Adams said...

Probably 2 or 3 more surgeries to go. Hopefully just 2. One might be pretty soon, and we hope the other one is close to the first of the year...before then for insurance purposes. We'll see!!

Jeff & Jacki Sharp said...

Glad he's doing well Jules! Your family is so precious. Didn't know you had that coming up... but it's not too late to help! Let me know. Love you guys!
Jack

Farr Family said...

We are so glad everything went well for Carter. He is such a precious little boy. I do love the cool cap he got to wear. Did you get to keep it??

chris+amber said...

Carter is a champ! I'm so glad everything went ok. I know that horrible feeling when they take your kids away for the surgery. My heart just about broke everytime each one of my children were taken away to get tubes in their ears. Kids are so amazingly resilient and bounce right back.

Wendi and Matt said...

julie ur boys are so cute! imglad carter is doing well!