Monday, February 11, 2008

Big Boy Bed for Carter




On Saturday night, a minute after I put the boys to bed, Carter starts screaming. I run in there thinking he just hit his head on the crib and I find him on the floor. There is about a foot seperating the boys cribs and Carter fell right in between them. He was ok and barely had a scratch on him. The next morning I go in to get them up and Carter is sitting on top of the crib straddling the bar...the picture above is a reinactment of it. My little Carter is ready for a big bed!!!! I am not prepared for this at all. I wasn't going to start them in big beds till at least this summer. Carter just turned 21 months and I guess he is ready now. Matt changed the crib into a bed and Carter spent Sunday night in his big boy bed. He did pretty good, the only problem is we don't have a bar on the side and he fell out twice in the night. It is only a 6 inch drop but we need to get something for that. Any ideas where to buy a bar?? He got up once in the night, didn't cry but just wandered out to the family room. I heard him sneeze but I didn't want to start any bad habits so I waited to see what he would do. He went right back to bed. He slept in till 7:10 this morning and I thought he did pretty good. We will see how the rest of the week goes. I can't believe how big he is getting!!!

16 comments:

Wendi and Matt said...

cute!!! who is ready for anything right?? love ya!

Amy said...

Carter looks so cute in his "new" bed. What a big boy he is. I bet Mason is so jealous. I think if you just keep the door shut he shouldn'tt wander. I am surprised he found his way back to his room in the dark. THat is too funny. Well, I will call you with my siggestions!

Jeff & Jacki Sharp said...

I am laughing out loud Jules. What a cute kid he is! How funny. He looks so proud to be in his big bed. Keep these posts comin'!

Jenna said...

love it!!! I remember the absolute JOY Shea had to be in his big boy bed. It's sooo much fun!! Enjoy!

Wendi and Matt said...

no we do not have the internet and might not but matt needs it for school! i get it at work lunch breaks and moms house :)

amberbuck said...

I just did the same thing with Lucas. He fell out and it didn't even wake him up! I went and bought a bed rail thing from Target. You can find it in the baby section, you just slide it under the mattress. I love not having to pick him up to put him in the crib but if he doesn't want to go to bed he just comes out of his room so I have to lock the door until he falls asleep...don't think I'm a bad mom!

Drew and Tarah said...

I love the blog makeover! I can finally see from experience how hard it is to watch your kids change so fast.

Unknown said...

Go on CL to find a bed rail! They have them for $5-10 on there.
So when are you going to put Mason in a big boy bed???
That is about the same age I moved Weston to a toddler bed. Boys are just climbers and adventurous..

chris+amber said...

It's so weird to me because Tate hasn't even TRIED to climb out of his crib. HURRAY for Carter! He's doing a great job!

the DeCampos Family said...

What a big boy. I'm sorry it came so early. I hate when they make that transition. Hope he did good on his nap today. Don't forget to not leave Mas out on the FUN!!!

Emily said...

I love your background! I can't imagine having to see my kids locked in my car for that long. I'm glad you have AAA and that they are fine!

Brandis said...

wow, he went back to bed on his own! :) When we first switched Ashtyn to a big kid bed, we would put her to bed and then late when we'd go to bed, we'd find her asleep on the floor at the top of the stairs. I've never used bed rails but I've seen them for pretty cheap at Burlington's.
Once again, your boys are so darn cute, but I'm sure you already know that. :)

Flaherty Fam said...

Wow, can you believe that your boys are big enough to be out of their crib? Do you still have Mason in his crib? I also was dying at your AAA post. What a nightmare, but I'm glad everything turned out good. I would be frantic as well. I have also thought about how we need AAA. That's so cheap and such a peace of mind in stressful situations.

April Austin said...

How scary and hilarious at the same time. I can't believe it!! I guess I always think of the twins and Devin being the same age...but six months makes a big difference! Wow...how fun.

Katie Peterson said...

He is too cute...your little Monkey boy! So is Mason still in his crib? I love your new papers!!

Farr Family said...

That is so cute of Carter!!!! What big boys you have! Hope Mason is feeling better.