Saturday, May 31, 2008

Bahamas 2008


Matt and I in front of Senor Frogs, a favorite restaurant for the locals and tourists. Everyone was so surprised to find out that we don't drink. They were giving free shots the entire night and even shots straight from the bottle into the mouth.





This is the view from our hotel room. Can you say BEAUTIFUL!!!


The Straw Market. Any girls dream with thousands of knock off purses to buy or should I say negotiate.


Downtown Nassau. Not really a place you want to be when it is dark.


Matt and I lounging in the platinum area. This is where we spent a lot of time.

Matt and I just got back from our fabulous vacation in the Bahamas. This was the first time that I have ever been away from the boys. I thought about them a lot and missed them so much but we did have so much fun without them. The best word to describe this vacation is "relaxing". It was just that. We stayed at the Wyndham hotel on Cable Beach. I signed up for this Wyndham by Request thing and it gave us a few extra perks. We got to lounge on the beach in a private roped off section full of palm trees and hammocks. Plus we got free drinks on the beach. It was so nice, especially because the food there is so expensive.

We got a couples massage at the Atlantis Hotel. This was my first massage ever and hopefully not my last. We shopped at the Straw Market. Oh my gosh, that was crazy. The aisles were so small in that place you could hardly breathe and it was so HOT, but the trade was worth it. I left with 6 knock off purses. We also did a day trip to Harbour Island. This is the island with pink sand. It is also the island that Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon just got married at. We were able to sight see the island in golf carts. Matt really enjoyed that part. And of course we laid out on the pink sand.

We had such a blast on this trip and we are so thankful for my mom and my sisters for helping out so we could go. The boys were asleep last night when we got home and we woke up this morning to Carter crying for Nana. They were sure in good hands while we were away. Thanks again!

13 comments:

Wendi and Matt said...

awww i loved that last part! carter was always always calling her name. she became his protecter! and i love all the pics and it looks like you had so much fun! i am jealous! the boys were really fun especially being able to see them more :)

Amy said...

Wow, what a nice vacation. Glad it was fun and relaxful. We enjoyed playing with the boys all week and had so much fun!

Lesley said...

How fun a kidless trip.. Glad you had a good time.. Call me sometime so we can talk.

Jenna said...

You guys are so CUTE! That's what I kept saying as each photo popped up. I love you two so much!!!! I'm so glad that you got away alone and that you had a blast.

the DeCampos Family said...

That looks so beautiful. I am glad that you had fun and were able to enjoy some time together. Now that you had a relaxing vacation, it's time to make you some more babies!! Love ya

Emily said...

Wow I am so jealous! Looks like a ton of fun!

April Austin said...

What!?!? Bahamas!?!? That's awesome. I am incredibly jealous...and no kids either! Wow. That's awesome. And I LOVE the boys haircut. Jamin wants to buzz Devin's but I can't do it. Happy Belated Birthday to them by the way. I can't believe they are already two. I miss you guys! Give Matt a big hug from me!

Farr Family said...

I'm so jealous! Looks like lots of fun, sun, and relaxing. Is one of those purses for me? We can't wait to see you all. Miss you lots!

Coree Adams said...

Oh my gosh that looks like a BLAST!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! Jealous! I've never been away before and I am seriously thinking of going somewhere fun like that!

MM said...

I am so glad you were able to go off on your own and relax after all the hard work you have put in these last two years. Well deserved vacation and it looks like you had such a good time. Love the pics!

The Owens said...

Oh my gosh how fun!!! I am jealous!! Patrick and I have not been on a vacation like that.. That's awesome you guys got to do that!

amberbuck said...

I forgot you went to the Bahamas! LUcky, and it looks like you had a blast! How nice to be able to have a 2nd honeymoon vacay with your hubby and I wish I could go to the straw market...how fun!