Saturday, October 25, 2008

Update on PT

The boys have been doing great on Potty Training. Since Wednesday, they have had no more than 1 or 2 accidents a day. Usually, it is just the poop. That is the only issue we are having is getting them to poop in the toilet. Luckily they are only doing that once a day. Today, Matt and I were in the family room and the boys were in their room playing. Mason came running out saying Carter potty. I thought, oh no, he had an accident. We went down the hall and saw Carter sitting on the toilet. He had the biggest smile on his face and said, "I poop!" Sure enough he did poop in the toilet and he did it a lot. He didn't even tell us, he just went straight to the potty and there was none in his underwear. Mason has been doing even better than Carter. For the last 3 days, Mason's diapers have been dry after naps and even dry in the mornings when he gets up. I know not to get too excited yet. I am knocking on wood as we speak, but they have been doing so great! I learned on Tuesday that the boys need to be taught differently and since then it has been working. Hopefully it continues.

7 comments:

April Austin said...

Holy Cow! It's going so well for you it might give me a little hope. I am so happy for you, especially since you are training two little boys at one time! Congrats!

Jenna said...

Wahoo!!!
I didn't know you were trying. Sounds like you are doing awesome!! Much better than I did the first time. I can't believe you made it through that many accidents in the beginning. I cleaned up pee 3 or 4 times and said, ok, I'm done - we'll do this in a few months. :-) You're a trooper!! I'm proud of all 3 of you. Love you

Amy said...

YAY, now you can come and live at my house when Derw is ready!

Wendi and Matt said...

wow i am so glad it is working out! good luck j!

Annette said...

Yay poop!

Flaherty Fam said...

Holy posts. I haven't checked your blog in awhile, but I'm so glad you finally updated. Your boys are so cute and getting so old. I am praying for the day my kids are potty trained, but I know I've got awhile. Good luck with the training.

Jeff & Jacki Sharp said...

Great job Jules! You're an awesome Mom. Okay I guess I haven't see you guys for like a year because your boys don't even look the SAME! At all! Holy cow when are you guys gonna make the trek over to our house :) You're welcome any time! Love ya!