Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Adjusting to New Life



This last week and a half has been pretty crazy for us. It all started when we came home from the hospital on Sunday night. We walked into a 96 degree house. Our air conditioning unit went out. Fantastic!!! The funny thing is my parents went out that same weekend. We opened all the windows and thought we could cool it down enough. After Ashlyn had a red face for about 30 minutes I started freaking out. So we went and checked into a hotel down the street. That was where Ashlyn spent her first night away from the hospital.

Then throughout the week, I continued to be in lots and lots of pain from my c-section. I had to keep calling my doctor for more medication. He probably thought I was addicted to it. Come to find out 10 days after Ashlyn was born, I had an infection in my incision which is what was causing all the pain. I am now on medicine to clear that up and it is just starting to work. Finally some relief. I have to give a HUGE thank you to all my family that has helped out this past week. I have such a hard time asking for help but I really needed it. Thank you guys so much!!

Through it all, Ashlyn has been such a great baby. This one baby at a time thing has been nice! Definitely much easier this time around. Here are some pictures of her and the boys. We are enjoying life as a family of 5!!

14 comments:

angiedunn said...

omigosh! bless you guys' hearts! the ac going out of order is stressful under the easiest of circumstances...sorry you had to deal with that. (:

and i hear ya about the infection. same thing happened to me after livy. weird. i hope it clears up soon.

and lastly: STINKIN' cute kids, julie. congratulations.

Jeff & Jacki Sharp said...

Jules she is getting bigger already. And so SO cute! Holy moly I'm sorry you've been having a hard time. I am going to bring you dinner next week. I'll call you to set up a time :)

The Drapers said...

Iam glad you got to the bottom of your pain! Cute pics!

Beth Curtis said...

oh my goodness Julie! you poor thing! I can only imagine wanting to go home from the hospital and relax and instead have to go to a hotel! You are such a champ! Your babies are as beautiful as ever! I am glad you are feeling better after your c-section :(

amberbuck said...

Oh Julie I feel so bad that you had a painful recovery. These darn babies are worth it though right!? She is so sweet and what a lucky girl to have 2 older brothers for protection! Hopefully you're getting lots of rest and cuddle time with Ashlyn! Talk to you later girly girl.

Amy said...

She is such a sweetie!

Farr Family said...

What a rough start but you are a trooper!!! Ashlyn is so adorable! I can't wait to hold her!! We love you!

April Austin said...

What a crazy story!! She is so adorable and I'm so happy for you. Before you know it she'll be a couple months old and your life will be so easy. Congrats guys!

Kristen Arnett said...

Oh Julie, she is so cute! I've been thinking about you and wondering if you'd had her yet since we were due around the same time. I'm so sorry about all the drama you had to deal with after you got home, but I'm glad things are getting better. :) We need to get together with Leah once things settle down; I feel like I haven't seen you forever! Congratulations!

The Owens said...

They are so adorable together! I am sorry you had a hard week. One baby at a time is definitely much nicer.

Farr Family said...

Are you still alive????

April Austin said...

Ashlyn is five months old now and I'm dying to see her! Please post some pictures!!!!!

the DeCampos Family said...

update, update, we wanna an update. Come on if i can update my blog, you can too!!!

Amy said...

Can you please post an update so I can see my cute niece and nephews??? PLEASE!